Basic Information on Ontario Fishing Licences
Where you can buy fishing licences
- Online by using the Fish and Wildlife Licensing Service.
- At a licence issuer.
- At a participating ServiceOntario location.
- A 3-year fishing licence can be purchased through the automated telephone service at 1-800-288-1155, when renewing your Outdoors Card.
Before you start
If you are 18 and over or under 65 years old
Before you can start fishing, you will need a valid:
- Outdoors Card (a plastic identification card, valid for three calendar years), and
- a fishing licence (valid for either one or three calendar years)
A fishing licence can be for either:
- conservation (reduced catch limits)
- sport (normal catch limits)
If you are under 18 years old or 65 and older
You do not need to purchase an Outdoors Card or licence to fish. You will need to carry your government-issued identification with you, that includes your name and date of birth, at all times while fishing. Your identification acts as your licence to fish, if you belong to one of these age ranges.
For more information visit: https://www.ontario.ca/page/fishing-licence-canadian-residents