Date(s) - February 18, 2018
7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Nepean Sailing Club
3259 Carling Avenue
The Harbour Harvest – Family Ice Fishing Derby and Brunch
The Harbour Harvest is a family and rookie friendly Ice Fishing tournament
- A delicious brunch in the Harbour View Hall at the Galley Restaurant in the Nepean Sail Club in Ottawa
- No fishing license is required! We are an official OFFE event!
- Holes drilled for you, and equipment available on site for anyone who doesnt own their own. We will also have some bait and lures (or bring your own).
$300+ Trophy for 1st place (Longest live fish), and $200 for person with most species caught (if a tie, we will use total length of fish – must be alive and only one of each species will qualify – ie. you can’t use two pikes). Every registered/paid participant will receive a ticket for door prizes
How it works:
- Check in starts at 7:30am at the main entrance of the Nepean Sailing Club.
- This year we will be spread out throughout the harbour – sites will be marked by dock/slip numbers. This year we are trying a new system of “reserving your spot”.
- If you need gear you can add a fully rigged up “Harbour Harvest kit*” for $20 to your shopping cart before checking out (note that if you return the kit at the end of the event in good working order, we will give you a $10.00 gift card for Bridgehead or Canadian Tire or Cabela’s (to be confirmed), or you can decide to keep the kit for yourself).
- Organizers will drill your hole (max 2 per person). Limit is two lines/holes per angler (Ontario Fishing Regulations)
- $1 each “additional” minnow or worm (limited quantities available)
- Experts will be roaming to help with set up and advice (and creature handling if you wish).
- Species that qualify include Pike, Walleye, Perch, Catfish, Crappie, Sunfish (Ontario Fishing Regulations page 88)
NEW! The “Harbour Harvest Kit” will include:
- A bucket (seat and gear/fish carrier)
- Two rigged up tip-ups (rods) with two options – a lure or hook with bait (minnow or worm).
- Some other surprises/treats will be included!
Come for the entire day, or just drop in for a bite or two!
Trophies presented at 3:30pm.
If you have any questions regarding this event please contact Drop in Sports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out updates on Facebook and Twitter closer to the event date so make sure to follow @dropinsports.ca
For inquiries please contact: